"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

21 May 2008

Cry out for Justice

I wrote the following prayer in November after reading a novel, based on a true story, about the wife of a 'holy man/saint' in this country. It was heart wrenching. It led me straight to my knees. The basic storyline was about a young girl who was married off to this 'saint' about the age of puberty. The 'saint' had such a hunger for sex that he used not only her, but prostitutes and several poor orphan girls, even very young ones. The 'saint' tried to molest his own daughter and the only way the mother could save her was to give her husband other young girls instead. She became an unwilling accomplice to his crimes. Not only that, but because the 'saint' kept his wife in seclusion and since no one had seen her face, he felt that he could masquerade her as a prostitute for all his friends.

This story may seem extreme, but I have heard many stories from women that could each be their own novels. The spirits of lust and death seem to have a strong hold on the entire region.

Prayer for Women, in response to the novel
Blasphemy.
November 14, 2007

Let me cherish my time with you. Oh Lord, I feel far from you, draw me after you. Draw me into your chambers that I may entreat of you. That I may share in your heart.

Lord, what do you feel when young girls are being sold into their slavery under the guise of marriage? When lust-filled husbands satiate their hunger savagely on virgin girls, not yet reached womanhood.

How do you feel when the girls are bleeding and broken, crying out to a God who is not near? Does your heart break?

When women are made to play the whore, and all they want in purity.

When a man’s flesh rules, ruining lives. Entering forcefully to change their bodies, minds and hearts forever.

Scarred.

When a man’s every action is ruled by his lust. Breaking young girls and mother’s hearts. Caring only to satisfy his flesh.

The greater the pride,
the greater the lust.

Does you heart break for these women, or are they cursed forever? There is no justice here. They cry out and cry out. Only to say that God is far away. God is only here to weep. God must take delight in the suffering of women, for hell is full of us. And even in heaven men’s lust is rewarded by virgins.

What is the depth of the evil of man’s heart? Lord, how can I bring your hope to these women?

LUST

PRIDE

GREED

This land is riddled with curses for the sins committed in her. The bloodguilt is great. Oh Lord, cleanse the land. There is so much evil here. Let us be messengers of your coming. Shine through us. SHOW YOURSELF with signs and wonders. Dreams and visions.

Let me cry out for justice day and night. Continue to give me glimpses of your heart. Show me steps I can take to reach out to women around me and in this broken society.

Reveal your Son.

Open prison doors and set these captives free.

Bind up the brokenhearted oh Lord!

Come and bring your perfect justice.

No comments: