"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

26 May 2008

Anger

During the past year I have been dealing with anger a lot more than I have in the past. The Lord seems to making it clear to me how dangerous and destructive anger can be. Several times I have completely broken down from my anger, thrown things on the floor or yelled. When this happens, I scare even myself. Anger seems to take over and I need the power of the spirit to gain control over my flesh. I have spent a lot of time meditating on the following verses from James,

19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. 21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.



No comments: