"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

31 March 2007

The Ultimate Note Part II - Reflections

The first time I read "The Ultimate Note" I left it with a, "Oh, wasn't that nice" feeling। It didn't have any impact on my thinking or my walk with God. When I read it yesterday, something clicked and I felt the Lord speaking to me.
We can feel when notes create dissonance। My problem, as a bassist, is that I can always tell when notes are not matched, but I never know which way to turn the knobs to make it right. I can't tell whether the mismatched note is too high or too low. That's how I feel now, in the spiritual. I feel restless because my life is not in tune with the Holy Spirit. I should not be disocuraged, but encouraged that I can at least tell I'm not in tune. I may not have "perfect pitch" but at least I have a musical ear.
So many believers are not living in tune with the Holy Spirit। It's like they've heard awful, out of tune, music so much that it sounds good to them. They don't know there's something better, more beautiful.
"The spirit of God testifies to our spirit that we are children of God, and if children then also heirs।" Romans 8:16-१७
This is the perfect note। Being in tune with the fact that we have been adopted as children of God. We are his sons and daughters. We have the right to live as his heirs. We don't have to live in dissonance. We can allow our lives to be tuned perfectly to what the Father has for us. But first, he must open our ears. The badly out of tune guitar will never be tuned if the guitarist doesn't realize how bad it sounds and that there is something much much better. There is SO much more than this.
We must always desire to hit the perfect note। We should not settle for anything less. Just because your badly tuned guitar may not be as bad as those around you doesn't mean that you shouldn't bother to get yours in tune to produce more beautiful music. The best music the guitar was made to produce. An out of tune guitar will never produce music the way it was meant to. Guitars were not made to be played out of tune. We were made to be satisfied with falling short of all that God has for us. Instead, we were created with an inner longing for the fullness of God's kingdom to come.
Prayer: Purify your Bride Jesus! Stir us up out of complacency and lukewarmness so perhaps you will not spit us out of your mouth. May we desire to be one with you. May we cray COME! Maranatha! Come quickly our Lover, our Bridegroom God!

No comments: