"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

22 July 2007

The Power of the Sword

I was encouraged by looking back at an email sent to me from a friend on March 2, 2006. As we have been struggling to persevere in prayer, her words have inspired me yet again to take up my sword and keep fighting.



"As I prayed in the spirit I kept thinking about how you felt like there was a tarp over you. The Lord started to speak to me and I just wrote as I continued praying. I believe He showed me this: For the sword of the Lord is the Word-- His Word. Let the Sword rend the heavens. You carry the Sword the Spirit wields. As He rends the heavens with His sword, so you must also rend with yours. Pray the Bible. Let the Word pour forth from your spirit--- release what has been stored up."



I have remembered her encouraging works since last March when she sent them to me. The other day I was trying to pray and just feeling like I couldn't connect with the spirit. I felt very spiritually dry and my mind felt clouded. Anything I could think of was distracting me from praying, especially things regarding my work. I was trying to write in my journal, but could only get a few sentences out before thinking about something else. My Bible was lying just out of my reach and I knew I needed to grab it and start praying from the Word. It seemed like the air was heavy and it took all my strength and concentration just to grab my Bible and put it on the bed. Then I summoned the same strength, opened it, and started praying. It still wasn't easy, but my thoughts were clearer and I was able to pray in a more focused way from the Word.

No comments: