"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

21 January 2007

Keep Pressing In

I just received this praise from a local pastor in ** after he returned from speaking at a leadership conference where OVER 200 leaders from different denominations gathered:


What Amazing and Awesome power of Holy Spirit is hovering and moving upon this nation, I believe its because of the prayers, tears and blood of the Great missionaries and saints that has been shed for the precious souls in **

Keep praying! I have been greatly encouraged in this month of being home in the states. The Lord has raised up an army to pray for me and for the preaching of the gospel to the ends of the earth. I never knew it when I was there, but so many of you were reading my blogs and praying on my behalf and on the behalf of those I went to reach and encourage. Thank you. I owe my every day's protection and providence to your prayers. The biggest lesson I learned during my first year over there was HUMILITY - I truly can not do anything on my own. I need the body and most of all I need the Spirit of the Sovereign and Omnipotent God to guide me and empower me every day if I am to bear fruit.
I've seen my prayer card in places where people see it everyday. On fridges, desks, night-tables, as bookmarks, and I've been especially encouraged when told that friends have their children praying for me as well. Thank you. I walk in the power of your prayers. Ground is broken and people are set free when you intercede throught the Spirit. Keep praying. Even when you feel like you don't know how to pray, keep pressing in! This is another lesson I learned during this year when I just knelt on the floor and said, "God teach me how to pray. I really just don't have a clue what I'm doing and I need your help!"
Current requests:
Personal:
1) Preparing for our upcoming marriage - in five weeks!
2) Focusing on what the Lord wants me to do in this time prior to the wedding
3) For my fiance (D) and I to have a clear vision and goals for our time of preparing before heading back overseas
4) To grow in wisdom, understanding and practice in the following areas
- spiritual warfare and deliverance ministries
- sharing about Jesus' Second Coming and the Last Days
- intercession and prophetic worship
- church planting & leadership training
5) That we may encourage and challenge the church to step out in faith and pursue her role in the Great Commission
The Church in **
1) May the Lord break down bitterness against Muslims among the Christian population
2) May the Lord bring humility among leaders
3) May the Lord bring unity among leaders
4) May the Lord break in with signs and wonders to show the power of the name of Jesus
5) May the Lord bringthe church to an understanding of the family through a Biblical lense

No comments: