"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

12 December 2005

Prepare the Way

I can barely believe I'm leaving for Pak in less than a month! As people have been praying for me I've felt the Lord encouraging me to stay focused on the 56:7 Vision -that His house will be a house of prayer. I must be a voice of one calling out in the desert, in a dry and thirsty land, to prepare the way of the Lord. Tonight my home group was praying over me and one person was praying specifically that I would be strategic. The words "house of prayer" instantly came into my mind. A few days ago, a couple people shared words with me about kites, and I feel like God is saying that He is calling me to new places in prayer and fasting which will have eternal impact. I need to press in like I've never pressed in before that God will pour out his mercy and grace on the land. I need God to just fill me with compassion and to show me his heart for these people who are living without His vision, for without vision the people perish. Our vision must be the same as God's, that His glory would cover the whole earth. That people of every tongue, every tribe, and every nation would worship Him. Pray for me, and pray for my prayers - that I would be abe to be focused and filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. Pray that God's zeal will grip my heart and consume me so that I will be continually at His feet, asking Him to move in power and shower his mercy on the people of Pak.

No comments: