"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

30 April 2006

Changing Circumstances

Some Reflections from my study on the life of David:
It' so amazing how God's timing is, it was all about how David walked in the spirit. The first thing Mike Bickle said was that God was constantly changing David's circumstances, and that He did this on purpose. We like to feel security based on our natural circumstances, but God wants us to only find peace andsecurity in Him. We should not base our inward life on our circumstances. He wants us to interact with Him ands tay steady no matter what is happening on the outside. We can be withoutcertainty in the natural and at the same time IN the will of God if weare seeking Him. In the uncertainty of the natural our hearts grow inGod as we learn to trust Him and see our primary identiy in Him and not in what we "do"on earth or any authority we may have in the natural. At times when things are uncertain we want to draw back from God andwork things out on our own, but the reason why He is allowing us to go through the uncertainty is to draw us nearer to Him.
Reflecting on this message just caused me to praise God that He is forcing me to rely on Him over and over again. It's like I'm learningthat I should not feel comfortable and be happy with a routine, especially when that routine is a hindrance to going deeper with God and fulfilling my calling. It's so amazing how God sets everything upto draw us closer to Him and help us to become who He has called us to be.

So you can pray for me that God will bring me back to intimacy with Him, help me focus on living deep on the inside, set me as a watchmen, and show me where to be and what to be doing! I had this picture this weekof me climbing a watch tower, and I was just slipping down the rungs falling further and further away from the top. Now I'm trying to just keep hold on the rungs and climb back up to the tower....

No comments: