"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

15 February 2006

You do not have because you do not ask

This morning I was praying and specifically asking God to pour out His spirit of prayer here. That when we pray we are in tune with what the Father is doing in heaven. That when we pray angels are loosed and demons are cast out. This is the message that I was hearing:

"I will not send it until my people gather and cry out for it. They must seek my heart for this people. They must realize their own inadequacy and be desparate for a move of my power. You do not have because you do not ask."

We must not be silent. We must never give up day or night. Crying out. Admitting our own weaknesses and asking God to make himself strong. We can't have peace with business as usual. We should be FRUSTRATED, DISSATISFIED, and "tearing our clothes" because the Bridegroom is not with us and we are not walking in His power.

We need to ask Him to appoint watchmen on the walls here. The watchtowers are still being built. He's looking for people who can build them and who are willing to climb them. Who are willing to stand alone, knowing only that there are other watchmen standing on opposite gates. We need to ask Him to send forerunners here. Those who are willing not only to keep watch, but to sound the alarm.

Blow the trumpet in Zion. Sound the alarm on my holy hill. For the day of the Lord is coming. It is close at hand. Who will get up and go to the mountain? Who will get up and climb the towers?

The time is short.

No comments: